These kits were put together by each member of the staff here at Forbidden Fiber Co! We each have such different senses of style and color, and thought it would be fun for you to “get to know” each of us through these kits!
Each kit contains:
- A professionally printed copy of the Turn Over a New Leaf pattern by Monster Knits, including a code to download a digital copy of the pattern.
- Three skeins of fingering weight yarn (one in each color) on the Babel base as follows:
Original pattern: Butterly Dust, Dark Caster, and Eastwick
Denise’s pick: Antidote, Copper Boom, and Metropolis
Leann’s pick: Jalopy, Copper Boom, and Sept Tours
Kelley’s pick: Black Dahlia, Charmed, and White Flag
Alisa's pick: Eastwick, Dark Caster, and Black Dahlia
Lula’s pick: Cornish Pixies, Earl Grey, and White Flag
BABEL: Merino/Yak/Nylon, 435 yards
Turn Over a New Leaf shawl is knit sideways on the bias that plays with three different leaf stitch patterns. Lace leaves grow organically, bold textured leaves run down a midway spine. Mosaic leaves are added followed by another section of Lace leaves. Relaxing bold stripe sections are worked in between each stitch pattern. The curved shape (for easier wear ability) is achieved with blocking, making Turn Over a New Leaf an asymmetric sail-shaped shawl.
Gauge: 20 stitches = 4 inches in Garter Stitch
Finished Measurements: 27” deep x 73” wingspan after blocking
Materials Used: Forbidden Fiber Babel (70% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon 10% Yak 435 yards/100grams)
- C1: Butterfly Dust- 1 skein, 385 yards
- C2: Dark Caster- 1 skein, 200 yards
- C3: Eastwick- 1 skein, 350 yards
Needle Size: US 5 - 3.75 mm
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions & Charts